Carers and Support Workers are privileged to partner with people who have a degree of disability, in enhancing enjoyment and quality of life, often providing important practical assistance.
The care and support role calls for a willingness to be of service and an ability to be person-centred in considering others’ needs before self.
The care and support role is important and the outcomes can be so rewarding, and yet…. at times the carer / support role can feel challenging, invisible, and even thankless.
The Heart Choice Enterprises approach
At Heart Choice Enterprises we love to facilitate Connection, Reflection and Education that can help carers and support workers to experience vitality, choice and quality of life in their role, thus assisting with sustainability of their important role.
We work with individuals, families, friends, and employee groups in the Disability Sector.
Please call Cherie Rowett on M:0401 065 234, to discuss how we can tailor services for you or your employees in support roles.
For an indication of whether Heart Choice Enterprises may be of help to you in this area – you may like to consider whether you, or the support staff you employ, can relate to any of the following questions….
- Is a “can do” attitude towards “disability” important?
- Which activities will assist health and wellbeing with the person/people I care for?
- How is my role contributing to positive behaviours?
- Do I have a compass to guide me when the role gets challenging?
- How can I constructively handle my impatience and frustration that arise at times on the job?
- Do I have enough coping strategies for this line of work?
- What does it mean to provide relationship-centred care?
- Can my presence and attention add value in the caring role?
- Have I got the balance right between creating connection and having boundaries?
- Where does my own Quality of Life fit in with this care and support role?
- How do I keep on giving of myself without burning out?
Heart Choice Enterprises facilitates experiential learning and peer support activities in a small group format that invites participation and creates trust as carers and support workers take some important time for reviewing, developing and nurturing the effectiveness and sustainability of their approach.
See the Programs and Services tab, remembering that CAREadapt services can be tailored to your needs – so be sure to enquire with Cherie Rowett on M: 0401 065 234.