Carers and Support Workers provide important practical assistance with care, compassion and consideration of others before self. They have an opportunity to contribute to peoples’ success and enjoyment of life. And yet….at times the carer or support role can feel challenging, invisible, and even thankless.
The Heart Choice Enterprises approach
At Heart Choice Enterprises we love to facilitate Connection, Reflection and Education that can help carers and support workers to experience vitality, choice and quality of life – and thus assisting with sustainability of their important role.
We work with individuals, families, friends, and employee groups in the Disability Sector.
For an indication of whether Heart Choice Enterprises may be of help to you in this area – you may like to consider whether you, or the support staff you employ, can relate to any of the following questions….
- Is a “can do” attitude towards “disability” important?
- Which activities will assist health and wellbeing with the person/people I care for?
- How is my role contributing to positive behaviours?
- Do I have a compass to guide me when the role gets challenging?
- How can I constructively handle my impatience and frustration that arise at times on the job?
- Do I have enough coping strategies for this line of work?
- What does it mean to provide relationship-centred care?
- Can my presence and attention add value in the caring role?
- Have I got the balance right between creating connection and having boundaries?
- Where does my own Quality of Life fit in with this care and support role?
- How do I keep on giving of myself without burning out?
See the Programs and Services tab, remembering that CAREadapt services can be tailored to your needs – so be sure to enquire with Cherie Rowett on M: 0401 065 234.